We’ve been reading a lot lately about building a capsule wardrobe and how to make the most of every item of clothing you buy. Every new season is always so tempting when it comes to brand new styles and hot trends. Although we need to keep our wardrobes fresh and have a practical approach to outfits for the current season, we need to stay true to our personal style and invest in pieces that will last longer than a season.
Let’s face it, there are so many different things you might like and you would be tempted to (impulse) buy, but they won’t always make ’till next season, or they won’t fit your lifestyle, or … you might wear them just once.
To make things easier and to avoid spending money on items that are not really worth buying, we’ve made a list of the key items you should add to your capsule wardrobe this spring.
- A Suede Skirt – We love the texture of suede this season and especially suede skirts! Go for earth shades like, beige, khaki, caramel or check out this grey suede skirt we’ve found. Wear it with off-shoulder blouses, t-shirts and denim jackets.
- Leather or suede saddle bag – If you haven’t already, this is the perfect season to invest in a great small bag which you’ll be able to wear season after season. We love this suede saddle bag for that more affordable Chloe style bag.
- Lace-up Top – We are really digging this look this season. It is one of the boho styles that you can definitely add to your wardrobe and if you choose a classic style you will be able to wear it over and over again.
- The Classic Trench Coat – If you don’t already own one, it’s worth investing in a quality trench coat. Opt for one in the classic beige, or a thin, loose style in a neutral color like this light pink loose mac coat.
- Tortoise Sunglasses – Classic, Classic, Classic. Chunky retro eye-wear is coming back and it’s time to embrace it. Find a tortoise pair of sunglasses that fits your face-shape and which is not too big, nor too small for a look that will last you for many years to come.
- Gladiator Chunky Heeled Sandals – We absolutely love these sandals for spring. They are the perfect shoe take your outfits to Spring and even to Summer. Look for a pair with a medium heel that can be dressed up or down for various occasions.
- White Bohemian Blouse – The perfect spring or summer blouse! Go for romantic an off shoulder style, or a top with bell sleeves or tassle details.
- White Sneakers – Probably the biggest spring season statement. Try choosing a versatile and classic pair that will go with everything from jeans, to a slip dress.
- Bomber Jacket – Bomber jackets have been around for a white, but never quite like this. The feminine yet sporty jackets are now paired in eclectic outfits with slip dresses and sneakers, or maxi dresses. Go for a style that has neutral colors, so you can best pair it in your casual outfits and wear it more.
Hope this guide helps you when selecting your perfect items this season!
xx L and C.