Our favorite season is almost here and we can’t wait to make the most out of it! Summer in Vancouver is so amazing that we love to stay here and relish all the city has to offer, sort of like a staycation! We love to go to the beach ( even on weekdays), bike around the Seawall or simply enjoy patio season during one of the long sunny days. We can’t help to start planning how to spend these few months of warmth and, together with it, our Summer Capsule wardrobe!
Since we don’t get a lot of warm weather here, we find it smart to buy staples that will still look nice in the following year. Chances are your summer dress will still be in mint conditions next summer! 😂 As much as I’d love to go crazy on the new trends, I find that a classic Summer Capsule is always the best way to go!
1. Stripe Dress: Is there any patter more fresh and classic than blue and white stripes? Combine that with a summer dress and you’ll get the most flattering look.
2. Straw Boater Hat: from the beach to the city, the boater hat looks super cute with any summer outfit you have in mind!
3. Off-Shoulder top: I feel like we keep repeating this item in our capsules, but what can we do? They are here to stay!
4. Slide Sandals: Following the success of slide loafers, slide sandals will be my go-to shoe this summer! Easy, comfy and chic.
5. Sunglasses: A summer must have, currently I’m loving the round ones and its bohemian vibe!
6. Tote Bag: Summer calls for a bag that can fit everything in it: bikini, towel, water bottle, sunglasses and even a little jacket. Straw bags are also a great option in and out the beach!
8. Graphic Tee: Summer is the season to get more relaxed and fun. We love to add color and personality to the outfit with a cute tee.
9. Bikini: In my opinion, the best bikini is whichever makes you feel good wearing it! But if you want to know our favorites check this post.
10. Denim skirt : Where classic meets trend! Demin skirts are hotter than ever and we are loving the high waist + destroyed wash.