Outfits

Why I Mostly Wear Casual Outfits Now

wear-casual-outfits-adoreness-1

wear-casual-outfits-adoreness-5

It’s interesting to discover that most of my outfits have shifted to be relaxed, minimalist and quite casual. When I moved to Vancouver a few years ago, I was surprised of how casual this city was, and I think in time some of this casualness has rubbed onto me as well, and now I mostly wear casual outfits but adapted to my own style.

wear-casual-outfits-adoreness-2

Although I still dress up most of my looks with various accessories and different trendier pieces, the base of my clothes, about 80%, is made up of classic pieces. It’s not quite a capsule wardrobe, but I have to probably say that I own way less clothes than I used to. I am maybe growing up, or embracing more minimalistic principles, but I am a true believer in the entire “buy less and choose well” revolution, and I still think that denim and a white T-shirt and leather jacket probably make the best outfits in the world.

Some of you have asked me how I let go of so many of my clothes, and I will write a full post explaining how I did it, but I think it all starts with assessing what your lifestyle is, and for what occasions you have to dress up. My work is a casual environment, hence I can wear casual outfits 90% of the time. The rest 10% consists in going out pieces, heels, dresses, or gym clothes.

wear-casual-outfits-adoreness-5

 

It’s up to you to identify what this balance looks to you, and then look on making durable, high-quality purchases to fit your own 90%. This makes sense as you will wear them many times, and the cost/wear will be smaller each day. I will dig deeper into this in a future post, but it’s a good reminder to stay true to your style. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Happy Weekend!

โ™ฅ๏ธŽ Liza

SHOP THE POST

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply