I’ve been meaning to write this for so long, but with our crazy schedule – both Carolina and I work full time and we never get the chance to write on the blog that often! (New Year Resolutions) This holiday season, I was super happy I got to visit Brasov – my hometown in Romania, in the heart of Transylvania. Although I lived half of my life in Bucharest, Romania’s capital, Brasov will always be my home and I am happy to share some of the loveliest places to enjoy while Brasov, from a local’s point of view.
So here they are:
The loveliest 7 spots to eat and drink in Brasov, Romania.
1. Cozy dining and drinks at Bistro Ma Cocotte – A lovely, bohemian restaurant and terrace (in the summer), Bistro Ma Cocotte is always a favorite. They have the best decor and the food has a rich vegetarian and vegan selection. Natural juices and raw desserts are also delicious. They also have wifi and parking, so it’s convenient to reach by car, and it’s such a great place to relax and get some work done too.
2. Scandinavian experience at Hof Cafe – One of the newest coffee shops in Brasov, Hof is located literally in the middle of the city, in Sfatului Square. The place also hosts weekend parties with local DJs and tapas nights. There is a great coffee and juice selection. Also, their crepes are delicious, and this is also a good place to work from, in case you want to bring your laptop along.
3. Wine and Dine at Trattorian Artisan Food – I’ve just discovered this place and simply fell in love with it. The restaurant is pretty big, so you have high chances of finding a spot, the decor is spectacular, and the food is really tasty! It’s also located in the heart of the old city in Enescu Square, so it’s great to drop by after a walk around the city center.
4. Cozy Italian at Dei Frati – Right next to Trattorian, Dei Frati has the best seafood mushroom risotto I’ve ever tasted! The place is pretty small, but the ambiance is cozy and it’s a really great choice to warm up after a walk around the city center. They also have a small patio in the summertime which is perfect for late night drinks and dinner.
image via Dei Frati Facebook
5. Fine Dining at Trattoria Pocol – Another new addition to the Brasov restaurant scene, Trattoria Pocol is a great place if you want to indulge in a fancy dinner experience. Their menu is focused on Italian and seafood and the ambiance is cozy but elegant. Trattoria Pocol is also located in the city center area and it’s very close to Sforii Street, one of the narrowest street in Europe and the Black Church, the gem of the city.
6. Drinks and friends at L’etage – A lovely little bar with live music and book decor. This is a great spot to meet friends, grab a bite or enjoy the local artists performing jazzy music.
image via L’etage Facebook
7. Wine experience at Terroirs – The only specialized wine bar in the city, Terroirs features hundreds of wines by the glass or bottle, tasting menus and a great ambiance. If you’re a wine lover, this is the place to be.
image via Terroirs Brasov Facebook
More to follow 🙂