I have to confess that nowadays all my mornings include at least 10 minutes of Pinterest inspiration before getting dressed. Guilty of it too, right? It feels like the fall season came all of a sudden and with its chilly temperatures, it now takes longer to figure out what to wear! (I am planning a new pop-up yard sale soon, so hopefully things will be easier in a few days. Stay tuned for a full briefing!)
Although the sun is not managing to shine hard enough and seems like he’s wearing not all is lost! Good thing is we can still wear lighter jackets or parka coats and flats, even though gone are the days of bare legs and flowy dresses.
In my search for the perfect work outfits, looking through an endless feed of glamorous or casual outfits, I’ve realized that clothing relies so much on proportions, and that having the right pairing of items and silhouettes becomes essential. This got me thinking about how this has been applied throughout the years and how each fashion era has nevertheless played with proportions and gave them its own twist.
This unique mix of shape and silhouettes takes us to our topic: layering clothes. A well-played, smartly layered outfit will keep you warm and also adds substance and personality to your entire look.
Check out how to supercharge your fall outfits with these layering clothes techniques, plus our curated shopping tips.
1. Pair a jacket with a longer cardigan for a casual, yet polished look.
2. Use Scarves to give deepness and warmth to your fall outfits.
3. Wear a vest over a leather jacket to turn it into a whole new outerwear.
4. Layer a dress or a tunic shirt with a sweater for a girly yet cozy look.
5. Layer a shirt with a cape or oversized sweater for a relaxed yet structured look.
6. Jacket over a longer cardigan or sweater for an smart office vibe.