As Fall is slowly pulling us in with pumpkin flavored lattes, new collections everywhere in stores, and Fashion Weeks in full bloom, we instantly get into the mood to hunt down amazing street style looks to apply for the upcoming season.
I have always loved the effortless chic French girl style around Fashion Week. With inspiration from Clemence Poesy, Isabel Marant, Jeanne Damas or the ultimate Emmanuelle Alt, this season I think I am very much into applying some French “bonheur” to my outfits too!
After a little bit of research, I’ve shortlisted some of the best pieces to create the prefect Fall French girl outfits – yes, even if you’re not living there! 🙂
8 Tips to Steal the French Girl Style
- Be friends with all hats
- Kill those black thighs or skinny jeans
- Pastel, buttoned-up or silky feminine dresses are your first choice
- Go for simple hairstyles even on fancy occasions
- Stock up on boyfriend blazers
- Flats and brogues are your go-to yet statement shoes
- Never leave the house without big black classic sunglasses
- Last but not least, always look innocent, but not quite… 🙂