Following the success of our Spring Capsule , we decided to use the same model for the upcoming season. Planning ahead the items that are a good investment and creating a list of go to pieces sure helps us focus on exactly what to buy and what to wear. After some research on favourite brands, fashion blogs and our own inspirations for the season, we came up with a list of 9 items for our Fall Capsule Wardrobe.
We plan to start wearing it now and all the way through winter (until the temperature allows us). Since Vancouver is famous for not having a severe weather in the winter, these would fit perfectly into our planned outfits. Mix them together or combine with a few other items you already own and you’ll have a world of possibilities to get a practical and stylish outfit
- Turtleneck – Fall is all about layering and a light turtleneck can be your best ally, go for a striped version for a bit more fun.
- Wool Hat – It’s finally hat season again! I cannot come up with any reason why you shouldn’t be wearing it all the time!
- Slouchy Pants – Chic and comfortable – We’ll be living in these pants this fall, pairing with loafers for the office or sneakers for the weekend.
- Suede Dress – we’ve been loving suede for a while as seen here, but the chiller temperatures suits even better this thicker type of fabric! How awesome is this straight line dress? I really want to try it layered with a turtleneck! )
- Choker Necklace – while we don’t have to wrap ourselves in heavy scarfs just yet, let’s take advantage of this necklace trend! A choker will bring a light touch of edginess to any look.
- Floral Blouse – Although summer is gone bohemian is still hot for fall! Go with floral, darker prints and embroidery.
- Pleated skirt -An incredibly stylish way to dress feminine and classic, the midi length is perfect as we transition from a season to the other.
- Loafers – This shoe trend is stronger than ever and these pointed-toe beauties are a must-have. So versatile, they can be paired with any of the pieces from our capsule!
- Camel Coat – A classic wardrobe staple, a fitted wool coat will come handy on those crispy fall days. I think that camel suits this season’s palette o well that I couldn’t choose any other colour.