As I grew older and matured my style and shopping habits, I learned that there is one thing I should always take into consideration when dressing up: Comfort. I no longer buy pants too tight that I cannot seat comfortably in or shoes a size smaller just because they didn’t have my actual number (I’ve done it more times than I like to admit). I also brought this concept of feeling comfortable to other aspects of my style. I don’t feel like I need killer heels to feel chic and empowered as I did in my early 20’s, I’m perfectly happy and confident with my sneakers and slouchy pants combo! Finally, I found the perfect trick to win the duel Comfort x Style is to add a statement item to the battle, in this case the Suede Moto Jacket.
This jacket was such a great investment as it instantly elevates any look, I have no doubts I’ll be living on it this season! I can see so many cute fall outfits already : casual with sneakers, cozy with boots and a blanket scarf and of course with killer heels for a night out!! Here is how I wore my Suede Moto Jacket for a Sunday afternoon stroll with Liza that ended up in drinks at the sunset. 🙂
As Fall is slowly pulling us in with pumpkin flavored lattes, new collections everywhere in stores, and Fashion Weeks in full bloom, we instantly get into the mood to hunt down amazing street style looks to apply for the upcoming season.
I have always loved the effortless chic French girl style around Fashion Week. With inspiration from Clemence Poesy, Isabel Marant, Jeanne Damas or the ultimate Emmanuelle Alt, this season I think I am very much into applying some French “bonheur” to my outfits too!
After a little bit of research, I’ve shortlisted some of the best pieces to create the prefect Fall French girl outfits – yes, even if you’re not living there! 🙂
8 Tips to Steal the French Girl Style
- Be friends with all hats
- Kill those black thighs or skinny jeans
- Pastel, buttoned-up or silky feminine dresses are your first choice
- Go for simple hairstyles even on fancy occasions
- Stock up on boyfriend blazers
- Flats and brogues are your go-to yet statement shoes
- Never leave the house without big black classic sunglasses
- Last but not least, always look innocent, but not quite… 🙂
Hat – Sunglasses – Stripe Top – Red Lipstick – Boyfriend Blazer – Leather Pants – Button-up dress – Brogues
Among the perks of having a fashion blog is being in the loop and keeping an eye out on what’s on sale this season and what fashion deals are happening every month or week!
Check out some fresh fashion deals and offers from some of our favorite brands.
Grey Boyfriend Coat
Here is a new code that includes 25% off Autumn/Winter Collection as well as Free Delivery:
Code with Free Delivery – 25DEL
25% off New Autumn/Winter Collection
Valid now until 18th September 2016
Albemarle small bucket bag
Smythson Celebrates 130 years of Diaries
Smythson diaries are designed to be your personal companion. Carefully curated, they are filled with all of the details you need to know, as well as a few things you never knew you needed. Smythson have a different diary to suit each specific need, from the fashion savvy to the global nomad to the cultural connoisseur.
Free People Floral Dress
Shop the best of the Summer Clearance Sale at Nordstrom now!
Ash ‘Ivana’ ankle boots
Free Global Shipping Now On | Limited Time Only
Following the success of our Spring Capsule , we decided to use the same model for the upcoming season. Planning ahead the items that are a good investment and creating a list of go to pieces sure helps us focus on exactly what to buy and what to wear. After some research on favourite brands, fashion blogs and our own inspirations for the season, we came up with a list of 9 items for our Fall Capsule Wardrobe.
We plan to start wearing it now and all the way through winter (until the temperature allows us). Since Vancouver is famous for not having a severe weather in the winter, these would fit perfectly into our planned outfits. Mix them together or combine with a few other items you already own and you’ll have a world of possibilities to get a practical and stylish outfit
- Turtleneck – Fall is all about layering and a light turtleneck can be your best ally, go for a striped version for a bit more fun.
- Wool Hat – It’s finally hat season again! I cannot come up with any reason why you shouldn’t be wearing it all the time!
- Slouchy Pants – Chic and comfortable – We’ll be living in these pants this fall, pairing with loafers for the office or sneakers for the weekend.
- Suede Dress – we’ve been loving suede for a while as seen here, but the chiller temperatures suits even better this thicker type of fabric! How awesome is this straight line dress? I really want to try it layered with a turtleneck! )
- Choker Necklace – while we don’t have to wrap ourselves in heavy scarfs just yet, let’s take advantage of this necklace trend! A choker will bring a light touch of edginess to any look.
- Floral Blouse – Although summer is gone bohemian is still hot for fall! Go with floral, darker prints and embroidery.
- Pleated skirt -An incredibly stylish way to dress feminine and classic, the midi length is perfect as we transition from a season to the other.
- Loafers – This shoe trend is stronger than ever and these pointed-toe beauties are a must-have. So versatile, they can be paired with any of the pieces from our capsule!
- Camel Coat – A classic wardrobe staple, a fitted wool coat will come handy on those crispy fall days. I think that camel suits this season’s palette o well that I couldn’t choose any other colour.
1. Quick stop for a picture on our way to the Lake – I can’t think of a better summer outfit: lightweight top, distressed shorts and lace up sandals.
2. Making the most out of Shorts Season!
3. Cheers to Liza! Outfit on point for her birthday celebration. Metallic Faux Leather Skirt, Silk Cami, and Strap Sandals.
4. A light duster coat instantly dresses up a casual summer outfit. It is also a great piece for to wear from Summer to Fall.
5. From desk to drinks, these sandals have been such a great investment.
6. We’re loving the off shoulder tops this season so feminine and fresh.
7. Carol’s work outfit, Check our post on how to dress comfy and chic at your 9-5 life.
8. Yoga class at the beach – Enjoying Summer in Vancouver!
9. Romantic outfit for a hot summer day: get the look with a similar polka dot skirt and flats.
Suede has always been a great a wardrobe staple for me and I have secretly been waiting for more ways to wear suede – not just through boots or shoes during the fall or winter seasons! I’ve always thought suede makes for the perfect festival style when it comes to wearing suede fringed jackets or crop tops, but this summer I jumped on the suede button skirt trend and I discovered so many ways to wear my suede skirt already.
My favorite one by far with a long sleeve top and lace-up flats.
Skirt: Villa (Similar here and here, or midi version here)
Top: Massimo Dutti (similar here)
Flats: Massimo Dutti (Similar here)
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
Check out other great suede looks for fall!